Monday 17 December 2012

Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in 'Candy Apple'



This is me wearing Revlon's Colourburst Lip Butter in 'Candy Apple'. I received the lipstick as a freebie from Cosmopolitan on Campus, as they were looking for students to test some lipsticks. I thought I would give a detailed description of my experience with this lipstick on here, as I only mentioned it in my article.

The design of the packaging is eye-catching, and the smell of the lipstick itself is gorgeous. It has a slight vanilla scent to it, much like Mac lipsticks do. The colour of the lipstick in the tube looked promising, however, when I tried it on I wasn't so sure! It seemed very bright on me.

When I applied it, the warmth of my lips must have melted the 'butter' to the extent that it became a bit too runny for my liking. Also, the colour was quite bold for my skin tone. I was worried that I'd end up resembling The Joker, when all I wanted was a simple and sophisticated red lipstick. Saying that, I imagine if the lipstick was applied with a brush instead, it would actually look very nice. Maybe if I had used it more sparingly, as opposed to building it up straight away, it would have been more of a light sheen like I was looking for.

Overall, I am glad that I tested this product before buying other lip butters from the Revlon range. I think I would go for a lighter colour if I were to buy this product in the future. My lips were very moisturised, and it was perfect for the cold weather conditions. I would definitely like to buy one that has more pink-ish tones, so that I can just quickly apply it when I'm out and about. They're very handbag friendly! Revlon Colourburst Lip Butters are priced at £7.99 nationwide.


1 comment:

  1. I have this shade and Tutti Frutti, and I love them both - I find this gives me great bright lips, but I can do it without a mirror too, which is great :)

    lilyactually.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete