Thursday 27 December 2012

Parisian Chic: Ines de la Fressange

Image: Own

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope that you have had a wonderful holiday. I'm currently in the countryside, which means that it has been difficult to post blogs! At last I have found my MacBook charger, and some reliable form of internet connection, so I can! I hope that you all have a lovely beginning to the new year, as well.

Today I am going to discuss 'Parisian Chic', which is a book written by the French model Ines de la Fressange. When I was wandering around Foyles bookshop a few months ago, my boyfriend caught me flicking through it, and as a surprise I received it as a Christmas present. After my visit to Paris in February, I couldn't believe how well-dressed the French were! This book is a compilation of tips regarding fashion, beauty, and both cultural and historical institutions. The writing style is simple and straightforward, which I'm a big fan of. There is nothing worse than a badly written book! Its tone is very tongue and cheek, but it actually has a lot of useful tips that I intend to learn from. I used to be terrible at keeping clothes that didn't fit anymore, silly prints, or sales items. Fressange tells you how to buy the most versatile clothing that will stand the test of time, and also suggests ways in which you can achieve the archetypal Frenchwoman 'effortless' look. I'm planning to revamp my wardrobe in early 2013, as I'll be turning twenty-two in February and I'd love to start building up a collection of 'timeless' clothing. I'd definitely recommend it if you need a fun and engaging introduction to dressing well. It provides the basic 'rules' of fashion, and gives its readers checklists of essential items and products that every woman needs.

1 comment: