Saturday 23 February 2013

Birthday Post! Turning 22

Hey everyone! I'm sorry that I've been neglecting this blog lately. I believe it's been just over a week since my last post! I had a major deadline for last Friday, been working lots for my new job and it was my 22nd birthday yesterday!


Here are some of my presents. I got two beautiful books! The first one is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Ruben Toledo, a very famous fashion illustrator I believe, designed the book cover for this penguin deluxe edition. It's a beautiful series, and I'd love to own more copies eventually. The font is really nice and big (perfect for us dyslexics!) and the pages are thick with a sort of 'shredded' effect on the page edges.The other book I got was Jane Austen's 'Sense and Sensibility'. I've read all of Jane Austen's books, with the exception of this one and 'Mansfield Park'. I think this clothbound edition is so pretty! Very happy English Literature student!

On the right of the image, you can see that I got lovely beauty products! I was over the moon to unwrap a pack of Dermalogica's tinted moisturiser in shade 'light'. I had already run out of my current tinted moisturiser, and had to buy Boots' Natural Collection tinted moisturiser for £1.99 - it isn't bad considering the price but the lightest shade was still quite dark on my pale skin. This luxury tinted moisturiser, however, has lots of wonderful things in it. My skin felt dewy last night, when I was preparing to go out for a birthday meal. It's light and refreshing, and it has a little shimmering effect which is very pretty. The best thing of all was that is matched the tone of my skin perfectly, and it has sun protection in the formula too!

I also received a bottle of Miss Dior, which smells AMAZING. It's such a lovely scent for the age I am now. For my 18th, I received Marc Jacobs' 'Daisy' - which I think is a bit too young for me now. Miss Dior smells something like the mature and sophisticated Chanel No.5 with the youth of Daisy. It's a perfect go-between scent for a young woman. The bottle is stunning, I just wish I had a little dressing table to proudly present it on! It's adorable.


My main present was ... *drum roll* a visit to see Sweetie and Sunshine at Edinburgh Zoo at some point this year! I can't wait to go. I've wanted to see the pandas since they first arrived in the U.K. in 2011. Yaaaaay!

The very last thing in the image is Chanel's Le Vernis nail varnish. Yesterday I went out with David for a lovely walk, and we came across a House of Fraser. I realised that I still had some money left on a gift card that I had received last Christmas, and David hadn't used his. I've never ever bought anything from Chanel before, apart from a cologne that I had bought for David a year ago (Bleu, which smells so good!). So I took the plunge and got a very overpriced  £18.00 nail varnish for myself. The shade is a rose colour and it's beautiful. When the lady wrapped it for me in a Chanel bag I was like "wwwwwwoooooooowwwww!" haha.


From David I received this adorable ukulele! I started playing the violin and the 'cello last year when we were both living in a very big house with other university friends in South London. Now we're in South West London, we've had to downsize and move into a studio flat. It means that playing the 'cello is impossible, and playing the violin is too harsh to play inside the flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment