Saturday 10 August 2013

Tea Post: Fashion Influences!




Here are some of my fashion influences. Even though I don't take my sense of style too seriously, I do from time to time think about certain pieces and what kind of outfits I want to go for. These outfits are often inspired by certain singers, actresses or writers. I have gathered some examples, as shown below, and have compiled an outfit based on these choices :-)



Audrey Hepburn's style is timeless. I remember watching Breakfast At Tiffany's when I was fourteen and being inspired to (unsuccessfully) emulate her grace and elegance. 



Grace Kelly was absolutely beautiful. Yet again, a lady who carried off both style and elegance with ease.



I think Zooey Deschanel is such an oddball in the world of celebrity. She has mousy brown hair, a fringe, wears tank tops and sings songs that are inspired by the sixties. I love her music, sitcoms and films. In addition to this, I love her style. It is very easy to emulate, and isn't necessarily on trend as such, but instead just cutesy and cool! When I'm thinking of outfits inspired by her, I'll consider pattern (polka dots, stripes, hearts etc), primary colours, and anything just sweet and slightly out there! Needless to say, Zooey's fashion is the easiest style to carry off.



Rita Hayworth epitomises classic style. Set curls, off-the-shoulder dress and rouge lips. Simply stunning, but not easy to do unless you've got a grand night out planned!


Regina Spektor is soooooo pretty. She updates the 1940s look and gives it a kooky twist by wearing all sorts of colours.  I love her style, and I think it combines the majority of ladies in my style off! I'm thinking tea dresses, red lipstick and curly brown hair! Some mary jane shoes, too.

1.
2.

3.


4.

5.

1. Tea dress
2. Mary janes
3. Navy tights
4. Red lipstick
5. Red satchel

No comments:

Post a Comment